Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Favorites: Junie B. Jones Series

On Fridays I post a little shout out to one of my favorite books and explain why I love it so much. It gives me the chance to fangirl over books I never reviewed on this blog and lets me post about some not necessarily YA books I love.


Which book?
The Junie B. Jones books, by Barbara Park

Genre?
Children's

Summary?
These short books follow the misadventures and escapades of elementary-school student Junie B. Jones.

When did I first read it?
Possibly middle school, but I think high school.

Why did I first read it?
My mom let us order books from the Scholastic book club sheets, and I think one of my little sisters chose to order a book from the series.

What did I think about it then?
I thought they were hilarious. Junie B. Jones is such a spunky little girl, and she gets into all sorts of scrapes and trouble. My little sisters and I got really into this series, and I think we eventually ordered almost all the books from Junie’s kindergarten years.

What do I think about it now?
I’m really not much of one for children’s books, but I love this series. Like I said before, they’re just so funny. I know some parents criticize the books for Junie’s imperfect grammar, but I think it adds to her character and makes her that much more loveable. My favorite in the series is “Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine.”

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I never read these books, but I remember my Dad reading them to my little sis. He read them so often that it's become like a family joke about how he has them all memorized! LOL!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love children's books! These ones look so cute. There's something to be said about books for younger kids. Probably because they're not riddled with teen angst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the best! I was talking to some guy about them a couple of weeks ago and he said how he had to read them when he was in school and since he was a boy he was supposed to hate them... but he secretly loved them! Haha they're for everyone apparently :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I haven't seen that little girl in ages. :P I used to read those every now and then. And wow, I forgot about the scholastic book fairs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...