Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Best of the Bunch: February 2012


Best of the bunch is hosted by Sally at Always Lost in Stories. Its a monthly meme where we post about our favorite book from the past month.

My favorite book I read in February was Texas Gothic, by Rosemary Clement-Moore. It was just such a light, fun mystery. And I loved Amy, the main character, so much--she was just my type of heroine: snarky and sarcastic but down-to-earth and not annoying at all. Plus, I really liked the whole family of witches thing the book had going on, cuz I've always had a soft spot for books about witches. And seriously this book had the most hilarious first chapter ever. I really hope there's going to be another book about Amy's older sister or cousin or something.

Runners up:
-Catching Jordan, by Miranda Kenneally
-The Reluctant Heiress, by Eva Ibbotson

2 comments:

  1. Man, I really wish Texas Gothic didn't have ghosts in there! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it though. I shall read vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved Texas Gothic too, I hope there's going to be another book about this family. I wasn't expecting it to be so funny.
    Thanks for taking part!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...