Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Probability of Miracles

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight books we can't wait for.

The Probability of Miracles, by Wendy Wunder
Razorbill (December 8, 2011)
336 pages

From Amazon:
Dry, sarcastic, sixteen-year-old Cam Cooper has spent the last seven years in and out hospitals. The last thing she wants to do in the short life she has left is move 1,500 miles away to Promise, Maine--a place known for the miraculous events that occur there. But it's undeniable that strange things happen in Promise: everlasting sunsets; purple dandelions; flamingoes in the frigid Atlantic; an elusive boy named Asher; and finally, a mysterious envelope containing a list of things for Cam to do before she dies. As Cam checks each item off the list, she finally learns to believe--in love, in herself, and even in miracles.

A debut novel from an immensely talented new writer, The Probability of Miracles crackles with wit, romance and humor and will leave readers laughing and crying with each turn of the page.


When I saw this on The Scholarly Owl's WoW a couple weeks ago, I immediately knew I wanted to read it. It sounds like something Sarah Addison Allen (aka one of my all-time-favorite authors) would write. It's got that contemporary-with-a-touch-of-fantasy thing going on, which I totally love. SOOO excited for this one!

13 comments:

  1. This one sounds interesting! a great pick.

    My WoW, www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited about his one too. Love the title. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, a debut author! Great pick!

    Our WOW pick is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one and it sounds really good! I'll definitely have to check it out. :-)

    Jessi @ Reading in the Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice! I have seen others who are excited for this book and it sounds really good! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this concept - it sounds great and I generally love anything Razor Bill puts out. Great choice! Thanks for sharing.

    Megan @Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds great! I've been seeing it around and I just love the cover. Nice pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this one a lot. Gr8 pick. New follower to your blog btw :)
    I gotta figure out how to make a word/sentence be a linky instead of posting the entire link. (if you can tell me the secret I'll be a faithful follower forever)
    Here is my link for my WOW: http://vampyregurlsbookclub.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pick! Sounds very interesting. New follower. Hope you get a chance to stop by!
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds adorable! I just added it to my Goodreads list. Great pick
    Here is my WOW:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-19.html
    Don't forget to enter my giveaways!!
    Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds incredibly different. Not sure if I'd like it or not. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard much about this one but it sounds like an interesting read. I'll have to add this one to my wishlist too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...