Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Froi of the Exiles

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight books we can't wait for.

Froi of the Exiles
by Melina Marchetta
13 March 2012

The GoodReads summary:
Three years after the curse on Lumatere was lifted, Froi has found his home . . . or so he believes. Fiercely loyal to the Queen and Finnikin, Froi has been taken roughly and lovingly in hand by the Guard sworn to protect the royal family, and has learned to control his quick temper with a warrior's discipline. But when he is sent on a secretive mission to the kingdom of Charyn, nothing could have prepared him for what he finds in its surreal royal court. Soon he must unravel both the dark bonds of kinship and the mysteries of a half-mad princess in this barren and mysterious place. It is in Charyn that he will discover there is a song sleeping in his blood . . . and though Froi would rather not, the time has come to listen.

So I'm not super fond of the cover, but who cares?--it's a new Melina Marchetta book, for crying out loud. I just read Finnikin of the Rock and totally loved it. So believe me when I say I was ecstatic to find out that the next book is coming out in only a month and a half. And I'm really curious to see how it goes, because Froi was kinda a love-hate character for me.

2 comments:

  1. Aww you're livin in the wrong country Karen. I think Froi is already out here. I'm all smug because this never happens to me! Usually I'm the jealous one wishing I lived in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to read this one! I haven't read Finnikin of the Rock yet, but I hear it's great too.

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...