Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Best of the Bunch: August 2011

Best of the Bunch is a meme hosted by Lyrical of Lyrical Reviews, where we highlight our favorite read from the past month--our "hot pick, top read, must-put-it-on-your-reading-list-immediately book."


This was a hard decision because with only a few exceptions, I loved all the books I read this month. But since I can only pick one, my favorite read for August was "Heist Society," by Ally Carter (read my review here). It was exactly what I was hoping it would be--a witty, hilarious adventure with great characters. It's one of those books I can (and did) recommend to anyone, regardless of their age or genre preferences. It's for sure going on my list of favorite books. I'm so excited to read the sequel, "Uncommon Criminals," because I've heard it's just as good.

Runners up:
-"Between Shades of Gray," by Ruta Sepetys (my review)
-"Chime," by Franny Billingsley (my review)

6 comments:

  1. Heist Society is way up there on my TBR. I have seen so many great reviews for this book. Plus the cover is pretty snazzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I love Best of the Bunch, I would never have heard of this book and it sounds AWESOME! I love nothing better than a kick-A heroine and I love it when the good guys are the bad guys. Definitely going on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Gallagher Girls series, but I haven't read this one. I might have to check it out :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ally Carter and I'm so excited to read this one. Great pick!

    New follower :)
    Andie

    My Best of the Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick, I think I would really enjoy this book! I am adding it to my TBR list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Gallagher Girls series, and I can't wait to get my hands on this one! Great BoB :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...