Friday, March 1, 2013

Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters

So I realize that I'm not generally with it when it comes to what movies are out or are coming out. But seriously, how did I not know that they're making a Vampire Academy movie?!? Vampire Academy is a series that I never in a million years thought I'd enjoy, but after a somewhat rough time with the first book, I fell headlong in love with all the rest of them. And even though it's been a while since I've finished the series, I've still yet to find another series to fill the void.

According to IMDB, the movie's coming out Valentine's Day 2014, and the three main characters have supposedly been cast. So here's my official evaluation of how who they cast lined up with my expectations:

Rose:
Zoey Deutch
(This girl seems pretty well cast, actually. She has that striking beauty that I imagined Rose having, but she looks like she could kick some butt too.)

Lissa:
Lucy Fry
(Well, at least she's blonde, but Lucy doesn't quite fit my image of Lissa. Lucy's got a quirky beauty, while I always pictured Lissa as being a more delicate, classical kind of pretty.)

Dimitri:
Danila Kozlovskiy
(There were better pictures of him out there, but I picked this one because he had long hair like Dimitri. I think this guy has a brooding, hunky vibe that will work for Dimitri, but while Danila's hot, I always imaginged Dimitri looking a bit more Eastern European.) 

So there you have it. What do you think about the casting/movie? I don't have particularly high expectations for this film, but hey, it could still be fun, right? And if you haven't read the Vampire Academy books yet, get going!

My Vampire Academy reviews:

1 comment:

  1. I am super excited about the film! I've liked the official vampire academy movie page on FB and they put updates up every few hours so it's hard not to get swept up in the hype. I don't mind the casting of Dimitri but I think Zoey is too delicate looking for Rose. Hopefully they do some Hollywood magic and make her a bit tougher looking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...