Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's not that I haven't been reading...

I was looking over my blog and I realized it's been two weeks since I've posted anything, and even longer since I've posted a review. Well. I *have* been reading. This is me after all. When am I ever not reading? I just haven't been reading any YA, which is what I usually review here. So here's the lowdown on what I've read so far this year:

-"Frost Burned" (Mercy Thompson #7), by Patricia Briggs
-"Hunting Ground" (Alpha and Omega #2), by Patricia Briggs
-"Fair Game" (Alpha and Omega #3), by Patricia Briggs
-"Wait for You," by J. Lynn
-"Harvard Hottie," by Annabella Costa

That's 3 urban fantasy, one New Adult, and one romance. The three Patricia Briggs books were great, though I prefer the Mercy Thompson series over Alpha and Omega. "Wait for You," I guess I could've reviewed here since it's New Adult, but I just didn't like it enough to bring myself to care about writing a review. It was schmaltzy when I wanted depth and the main character frustrated me, though I'll admit it was entertaining at times. "Harvard Hottie" was charming up until just about the end, when it took a turn I didn't like and it lost me after that.

So, yeah. Five books so far this year and none of them YA yet. But that will soon be remedied, as I just started "Across a Star-Swept Sea," which I'm really looking forward to. I'm just hoping I don't have to remember what happened in "For Darkness Shows the Stars" to get what's going on, because although I enjoyed FDStS, I read it way too long ago to remember what happens in it. Has anyone read it yet? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you review the non-YA novels, too? I'd love to branch out beyond YA and quilt novels. Since I come here when I need a good book to read, it'd be great to have some more suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should review whatever you feel like on your blog! I've been going through a review slump as well even though I've read heaps of books. I guess I'm just a bit tired of having to verbalise my thoughts. Sometimes I just want to read something and enjoy it and then move on. Hopefully you enjoy your next YA book but I'd be happy to read any review you post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...