Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight books we can't wait for.

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare
by Melissa Jensen
380 pages
February 16th 2012

The GoodReads summary:
Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that's just fine by her. She's got her friends - the fabulous Frankie and their sweet cohort Sadie. She's got her art - and her idol, the unappreciated 19th-century painter Edward Willing. Still, it's hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school: Alex Bainbridge. Especially when he is your French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before. But can the invisible girl actually end up with a happily ever after with the golden boy, when no one even knows they're dating? And is Ella going to dare to be that girl?

I absolutely adore YA contemporary romance, so I have the feeling this book is going to be perfect for me. And I don't know why, but I always wanted a hot tutor while I was in school--unfortunately I never got one, so I'll have to live vicariously through this book. Plus, the cover is ridiculously cute.

14 comments:

  1. Oooh, I was going to choose this one for WoW as well~ Great choice!

    Demi @ Only Somewhat Queer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had this one as my WoW last week and am so excited about it. LOve the setting cannot wait to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving contempt novels right now as well. There's just something about the characters that makes you think that somewhere in the world, the events of the book could really be happening:) This sounds like it'll be a good once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice - I cannot wait for this either, hope its as good as it sounds!

    Here’s myWoWthis week

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds super cute! Great choice!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    Zompacolypse is coming... Zompacolypse is here! Are you infected?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds really great, I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cover :) Plus it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!

    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a very nice love story. Good WOW pick. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of this one but it's definitely being added to my list! Thanks for featuring :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cover for this one. Have it on my goodreads ;)

    for my wow go to: http://piscesmuse.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/waiting-on-wednesday-crossed-by-ally-condy/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you 100% -- YA contemporary romance is always adorable and so is this cover! :) Plus, I've always wanted a hot tutor too ! (Although my mom would probably freak if I told her I needed one LOL!) x)

    Awesome pick for your WOW, Karen! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAYYYY! doesn't this book sound AWESOME?!?!?!
    I'm sooo excited for it, it just sounds extremely adorable <3

    and its author, Melissa, is lovely & adorable too!

    contemporary YA is the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm waiting for this one too! I'll be featuring this one next WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...