Monday, December 17, 2012

My Favorite Books of 2012

'Tis the season when I start thinking back about the books that I fell in love with this year. Some years it’s hard for me to choose, but this year it was actually relatively easy. I didn’t distinguish between books I read in 2012 and books that were published in 2012—they’re all just lumped in there together. But anyway, drumroll please…

Favorite of the Year
-A Little Wanting Song, by Cath Crowley (2005)
-Graffiti Moon, by Cath Crowley (2010)

Favorite Contemporary
-Easy, by Tammara Webber (2012)
-The Day Before, by Lisa Schroeder (2011)

Favorite Fantasy
-Froi of the Exiles, by Melina Marchetta (2011)
-For Darkness Shows the Stars, by Diana Peterfreund (2012)

Favorite Historical
-A Company of Swans, by Eva Ibbotson (1985)
-Grave Mercy, by Robin LaFevers (2012)

Favorite Author I Discovered
-Eva Ibottson
-Courtney Milan

Favorite Start of a Series
-Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater (2012)
-Cinder, by Melissa Meyer (2012)

Favorite End of a Series
-Quintana of Charyn, by Melina Marchetta  (2012)
-Black Heart, by Holly Black (2012)

Most-Unexpected Favorite
-Blood Red Road, by Moira Young (2011)
-Virtuosity, by Jessica Martinez (2011)

Funniest Favorite
-Withering Tights, by Louise Rennison (2011)

Favorite That Made Me Cry the Most
-My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece, by Annabel Pitcher (2011)

Which books did you like most in 2012?

7 comments:

  1. My absolute favorite read of 2012 was Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein.

    I love your picks for historical as A Company of Swans is one of my fave books, first read some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh how I love A COMPANY OF SWANS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing everyone's favorite books! It's kind of sad, I've only read 4 (and a half) of those. I just finished Cinder, and it was such a good story! I don't know why I put off reading it all year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list! :) Blood Red Road and Virtuosity were definitely unexpected favorites for me and Quintana and Black Heart were simply phenomenal conclusions. I also loved Graffiti Moon and The Raven Boys as well, so fantastic list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you've remembered the books you read this year! I can't even remember the books I read last month. I need to read the other Cath Crowly book aside from Graffiti Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked how you split these up into categories! I really loved For Darkness Shows the Stars, so it's nice seeing it on several lists. Black Heart was a fantastic end to The Curse Workers series! It was both unexpected but fitting. And oh yes, Blood Red Road was one of my favorites last year. I totally thought I'd hate it but it was so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinder and Grave Mercy! I loved these. Great list-and organised with the categories. May the next year bring you even more books to fall in love with :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...