Monday, October 31, 2011

Best of the Bunch: October 2011

Best of the Bunch is a meme hosted by Lyrical of Lyrical Reviews, where we highlight our favorite read from the past month--our "hot pick, top read, must-put-it-on-your-reading-list-immediately book."

Ug, picking a favorite was so hard this month! But I think I'm going to go with "The Girl in the Steel Corset," by Kady Cross (read my review of it here). It was my first experience with steampunk, and I fell totally in love with the genre all from this one book. Plus the book has some really great characters (Griffin! Jack!) and awesome fight scenes. And it has descriptions of cool clothes, which never hurts a book, in my opinion. Another part of why I adored this book so much is that it doesn't rush the romance--it leaves plenty of room for development in the next books.

Runners up:
Lola and the Boy Next Door (my review)
Vampire Academy (my review)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love a good steampunk romp! This is a great choice and the cover is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this on order since it first came out in paperback- it seems to have gone out of print everywhere! I love the sound of this book, and hopefully I'll get to read it soon (maybe I'll just shell out for the kindle edition).
    I absolutely adore the Vampire Academy series too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book! I thought it was so interesting and original. I love 1800's London mixed with Steampunk. I can't wait for the second book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got this one on my wishlist. I like that the romance isn't too rushed, and having awesome characters is always a good thing :0) Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...